[Sca-cooks] Rom, Turks and children

Jeanne Papanastasiou jeanne at atasteofcreole.com
Wed Feb 26 05:37:15 PST 2003

I've also got quite a bit on my links page under Gypsy.  My father's people
are gypsies from Buda, Hungary area.  HIS mother was born in the port of New
Orleans after they fled Hungary in 1912.  My Great-great ( Grandma's
grandfather, whatever that is to me!) had a Vardos.  When I got to play in
the ruins, it was VERY weathered.  He used to have HUGE mustache which
looked like handle bars that curved down to almost waist level.  He also
played the gypsy violin (very high pitch) and the birds would be quite and
settle in the tree behind him. We used to sit on the ground around him and
listen for hours!

Enough reminiscing, I'm starting to miss them. *sigh*

Soffya
http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm