[Sca-cooks] 1421

SableSwanHerald at aol.com SableSwanHerald at aol.com
Wed Feb 26 10:01:53 PST 2003

Interestingly, there was a teaser for a news story just a couple of nights
ago here in Sacramento about "Chinese explorers in the American River delta
before Columbus?" and mention of a current archaeological project.  I was
unable to watch the actual newscast, as I was out at the time, but there was
a teaser shot of someone holding up some sort of artifact - whether they were
debunking it or showing something they believe may uphold the theory I do not
know.

I'll see if I can find out more - one of the knight/Laurels here used to be a
full-time archaeologist and still has connections to the local archaeological
activity.  My initial thought was, "Yeah, let's wait and see" - but even if a
couple of items could be dated to pre-Columbian times, most likely it would
be, I would think, the usual "lone vessel blown off course" fluke rather than
an actual settlement or regular trade route.

Berengaria