Cherry cheesecake donuts OP WAS:Re: [Sca-cooks] My Estrella breakfast

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 20:30:16 PST 2003

     Not hard at all. Take tube biscuts and flatten each one out into an oval. Deep fry til golden. Drain. Cheesecake filling is simply Jello brand cheesecake pudding made with 1 3/4 c. milk, 1-8 oz cream cheese and a little Mexican vanilla. Put in a zipper bag, then cut the corner at camp (for ease of transport and serving. For the cherries, take a can of cherry pie filling, add brown sugar, vanilla, and I usually add a smidge of brandy, although I didn't this time. Forgot it.
     One of these days I'll get really ambitious and make the real stuff, but until then, this is fun, fast and easy.
     Oh, yeah, you can take and top it with a squiggle of powdered sugar glaze or whipped cream, if you want. That's good, too.
     Enjoy. Isabella
 Aurore <Aurore at hot.rr.com> wrote:

Thanks for all the help. I took all kinds of ideas and came up with
this. Then I finished it up with fresh hot cherry cheesecake donuts for the
camp...and lots of others, too (Kingdom Bard, Kingdom Seneshal, last Queen,
etc.) Had a wonderful time, though, and will probably never again feel
breakfast detail is the sh** detail.

Isabella

Spoontease. Spoontease. What is the recipe for the cherry cheesecake
donuts? Aurore