[Sca-cooks] Camp pizza OP

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 10:00:30 PST 2003

Wonderful idea. I would imagine that I could make the dough at home (or even camp, it doesn't have to raise very much) and use that, too. I would love to know how yours turns out.
At Estrella I was going to invite everyone to coffee and donuts at camp, but I chickened out. I really am VERY bashful. The anononimity of e-mail lets me converse here. However, next Estrella, donuts will be on!! I would love to meet all of you. I THINK I may have caught a glimpse of Stefan, but I am not sure.
YIS to the dream...the dream of good food and good friends,
Isabella
 Michael Gunter <countgunthar at hotmail.com> wrote:>Won't be baked, but, oh, well, some of us even have ovens, hmmm?

Actually, grilled pizza are begining to become quite common.
Just toss pizza dough on the grill, cook for a few minutes,
flip and add the toppings.

You could probably roll out the buscuits flat and try that.
Or toss on flour tortillas, add the toppings and serve.
Grilling the pizzas give a nice smoky taste to them. I don't
think they would be very difficult to produce in a camping
environment.

I'll give it a try next time and let you know.

>Isabella,

Gunthar