[Sca-cooks] Kosher Turkey Sausage

John Kemker john at kemker.org
Thu Feb 27 19:22:21 PST 2003

Remember, that to be kosher, it is not sufficient to just not have pork.
Part of kosher is to not mix dairy and meat.  You can mix dairy and poultry,
but not dairy and other meats.  It's part of the "not cooking an animal in
the milk of its mother" restriction.

Hence, you cannot use beef sausage in kosher scotch eggs if you're going to
use cheese in the eggs.  You have to use a poultry sausage, instead.