[Sca-cooks] Re: Millet question

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Feb 28 13:31:06 PST 2003

Actually the Slovenians still have a traditional porridge
that is made from millet. According to the one Balkan cookbook
put out by Prospect Books, they are the last ethnic group in
Europe that still eats millet and doesn't think of it as birdseed.
I bought some earlier this week in case my son needed another
Slovenian dish to make for a school project. Arrowhead Mills has it
small bags. Food and Drink in Medieval Poland by Dembinska also talks
about it so I would search Eastern European and Central European
sources.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway