[Sca-cooks] Digby's Pear-Puddings (long - w/pix)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 28 18:01:38 PST 2003

Christina Elisabeth de la Griffon Riant said:
>   Our Barony is holding a small event in early April, with
> the theme of "April's Foole"  The feast will be loosely
> based around illusion food.
>  The Head Cook asked me to be on her team, and what could I
> suggest.  I chose Digby's Pear-Puddings.  I'm looking into
> a reddish sauce to serve them with, as an illusion of pears
> in red wine.   There will also be cold meatloaf "boar's
> heads" and a viking ship made of dough.
The viking ship sounds more like a soteltie than an illusion food.
However despite this, it sounds like you have things well in hand. However, if you would like some more illusion food ideas you might look at these files in the Florilegium:

ill-fd-feast-art  (10K) 12/ 8/97    A feast consisting of illusion foods.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/ill-fd-feast-art.html

illusion-fds-msg (128K) 10/29/01    Medieval illusion foods. Diguised food.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/illusion-fds-msg.html
Warners-art       (32K)  6/29/98    An article on disguised food.
                                        by Alizaunde, Demoiselle de Bregeuf.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/White-Mash-art.html

I also have a bunch of additional stuff for the illusion-fds-msg file when I
find the time.

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com