[Sca-cooks] Kitchen Toys

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Wed Jan 1 17:36:33 PST 2003

I get the feeling my friends and family know I am into cooking....

My chrissy presents included
- a really gorgeous thai cookbook: "Thai Food" by David Thompson; it's just superb and I have already used it for a delicious dinner;
- a book called "How to cook a galah" by Laurel Dyson which has recipes from the time of Australia's first settlement by Europeans;
- "The Essential Kitchen". Its filled with photos and descriptions of all the marvellous tools that I would very much like to own;
- a lovely stainless steel spice shaker filled with an interesting pepper mix containing all sorts of native Australian spices, including lemon myrtle;
- a non-stick biscuit (for the overseas readers, cookie) cutter in the shape of a butterfly.

Mind you, among the presents I gave away were smoked tomatoes, homemade biscuits (cookies), smoked garlic, honey, fancy chopstick sets and a set of noodle bowls.

Me, a foodie? Never.. <grin>

Kiriel