[Sca-cooks] Corn Dogs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 2 21:16:33 PST 2003

niccolo difrancesco said:
> Our latest recipe for the coating is:
>
> Corn Dog Mark VI  (US measures)
> 75 cup all purpose flour
> 75 cup yellow corn meal
>    * (use whole corn product for good corn flavor - like King Arthur or
> Hodgeson Mill)
> 2 tsp baking powder
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 2.5 TBL Sugar
>
> 1 egg lightly beaten
> 3/4 cup milk

This sounds interesting and I may try this sometime, considering as I
mentioned, that I think all the corn dogs I've had were frozen products.
But I'd like to verify something first. How many corn dogs does this recipe
make? It seems like a lot of flour and corn meal for just 2 tsp of baking
powder and 3/4 cup milk. Is it *really* seventy-five cups of flour and
seventy-five cups of yellow corn meal? Or did a decimal point get lost somewhere?

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com