[Sca-cooks] adventures with leftovers

Bonne de Traquair oftraquair at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 23:10:37 PST 2003

I love those single serv containers!  Very useful
since we have two teens whose schedules often had them
still at work or school at dinnertime.  Very useful
for taking lunch to work.  Cheap enough to toss if
forgotten in a backpack until reaching toxic waste
stage.  cheap enough to have lots on hand.  Stackable,
we usually have 6 or 8, the newest at the bottom of
the stack in the 'fridge, oldest at the top.  The
standard in our house is that if the leftover is
packaged in the 'sandwich' sized container, and fair
game for whoever gets to it first.   If it is packaged
in any other container, it's not a leftover, it's an
ingredient for another meal and is not to be touched.
Works out pretty good.

Though, we really only have one teen at home since
Dec. 23 when the oldest moved into an apartment with
girls from the place she works.   Yippee!  The
computer gets moved upstairs into the new 'study'
instead of taking up valuable downstairs real estate.
 Odd though, that Christmas sweets and treats lasted
all the way to New Year.   (Oh, I thought that was my
choclate orange! she would say, when caught nibbling
someone else's, knowing full well she ate hers all up
before breakfast on Christmas day.  We also actually
had to take candy canes off the tree and figure out
what to do with them, without her noshing on them
constantly.)

Bonne (not suffering from empty nest syndrome, much.)