[Sca-cooks] NOT QUITE A DICK.....................................

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Sat Jan 4 10:59:54 PST 2003

OK, so I admit I have no life. I was lying on the couch spacing out, when an info-mercial came on selling these stainless steel knives.  It was a very entertaining info-mercial.........

The knives being hawked were stainless steel with black  (probably plastic) curved handles.  All the blades were serrated and one of the set had a forked tip.  The chopper knife was "snub-nosed" and had a small, half ball grip set into the steel, right above the handle.....for better handling.  They kept saying how the handles were designed ergonomically.  I was wondering if the handles had any weight / heft to them. And did I mention that they NEVER NEED SHARPENING!

The "chef" spent one third of the commercial cutting into non-food items like wood, drain pipe and slate.  It was a very entertaining info-mercial.........  And did I mention that they NEVER NEED SHARPENING!

The "chef" kept saying how it would fillet a fish with ease, but all he ever fillet'd was a tomato and an orange.  Why didn't he ever fillet this fish he kept talking about?  And did I mention that they NEVER NEED SHARPENING!

And for all this wonderfulness it only cost ONE PAYMENT OF ONLY $39.99.  AND, they would thow in an extra forked end knife.  And did I mention that they NEVER NEED SHARPENING!

So I guess my skeptical mind wants to know how good can knives be, a whole bunch of them (5 in the set I think) that only cost $39.99?  I mean, for materials alone, just to make the knives it should be way more expensive if they are made of good quality stuff.  And my other question is..... why didn't he ever just fillet the fish he was talking about?

Boy I miss Ras..........

Phillipa

--
[ Clear Day Bkgrd.jpg of type image/jpeg deleted ]