[Sca-cooks] mac & cheese

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 5 11:50:58 PST 2003

One trhing I love to do is experiment (in my cooking!! thought I'd better ad that!! )

Around our house I have two favorite meals. 'Skip' which is just what it sounds like,  we skip the meal, or 'YOYO'..You're On Your Own...  So if I come up with an experiment that doesn't quite make it, I still have two backups to choose from. <g>

Anyway, I am working on a mac and cheese (with crimini (sp?) mushrooms and green chili) for our 12th Night. I have always used Velveeta (yeah, I know!) but it melts creamy and tastes ok. What kind of cheese can I use that melts with similar consistency? Hey, like I said, I really am new at some of this stuff.

I guess I am looking for something that won't cover up the crimini, but would also like to know about a stronger flavored one for just plain m&c.

Also, I heard on a tv show the other night that mac and cheese went back to b.c.  I doubt that, but does anyone have a clue if it is period.

(Nope, I haven't checked the Flori thingy yet, but I am going to)

Thanks in advance,

Isabella