[Sca-cooks] tart crusts/pans

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jan 13 07:42:58 PST 2003

Sometime back in the late 1970's Willams-Sonoma sold
a two part tart pan set. The bottom had fluted sides
and was deep. The neat thing was that it came with a
domed lid. It was the easiest way to make the pies
with the lift off top crusts. This was the era when
everyone was baking presentation pies for the head table.
Sometimes they contained food and other times they contained
 things like frogs that hopped out.
 I think that the set was
made of black steel (it wasn't non-stick). They
were imported from (I am pretty sure)  Austria.
I bought a set and an extra lid. If I can locate them,
I 'll try to write up the dimensions. They are in a box
someplace.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway