[Sca-cooks] tart crusts/pans

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 13 21:52:08 PST 2003

Johnnae llyn Lewis commented:
> Sometime back in the late 1970's Willams-Sonoma sold
> a two part tart pan set. The bottom had fluted sides
> and was deep. The neat thing was that it came with a
> domed lid. It was the easiest way to make the pies
> with the lift off top crusts. This was the era when
> everyone was baking presentation pies for the head table.
> Sometimes they contained food and other times they contained
>  things like frogs that hopped out.

Huh? Which era are you talking about with this "era when everyone
was baking presentation pied"? The 1970s? If so, then I must have
missed this...
Somehow I don't think President Ford or Nixon would have been thrilled
if a live frog had jumped out of the pie at a state dinner. Jimmy Carter,
though...
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com