[Sca-cooks] OT-Eating and sleeping at Pennsic

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 13 09:58:43 PST 2003

Greetings to the list!

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Pennsic this year.  With us
will be our nine-month-old daughter.  Are there any "family-friendly" or
low-noise camping areas available?  We can always camp with Calontir, but
they're a noisy bunch, and we like to actually sleep at night.  We can only
make the first week, so somebody else can have our spot come Saturday.

Also, is there a way we might be able to buy into a pre-existing meal plan?
Our main problem is that we're not very avid campers, and our cooking setup
consists of a small Weber grill and a Dutch oven.  Authentic yes, but not
very conducive to quick meals.  We can contribute towards the cost of food
and pitch in anywhere helping hands are needed.

Of course, if we could combine these two things, that would be fine too.
Even moderate noise is okay; we just don't want to be awakened at 3 AM by
howls of "FYRDMAAAAN!"  :-)

I've heard loverly things about camping with SPCA; do we need an invitation
to do so, or can we just preregister and show up ready to cook?

In Service,

Vicente

If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
throw penguins. --Jim Henson