[Sca-cooks] OT-Eating and sleeping at Pennsic

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jan 13 10:22:41 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Greetings to the list!
>
> My wife and I are planning our first trip to Pennsic this year.  With us
> will be our nine-month-old daughter.  Are there any "family-friendly" or
> low-noise camping areas available?  We can always camp with Calontir, but
> they're a noisy bunch, and we like to actually sleep at night.  We can
only
> make the first week, so somebody else can have our spot come Saturday.
>
> Also, is there a way we might be able to buy into a pre-existing meal
plan?
> Our main problem is that we're not very avid campers, and our cooking
setup
> consists of a small Weber grill and a Dutch oven.  Authentic yes, but not
> very conducive to quick meals.  We can contribute towards the cost of food
> and pitch in anywhere helping hands are needed.
>
> Of course, if we could combine these two things, that would be fine too.
> Even moderate noise is okay; we just don't want to be awakened at 3 AM by
> howls of "FYRDMAAAAN!"  :-)
>
> I've heard loverly things about camping with SPCA; do we need an
invitation
> to do so, or can we just preregister and show up ready to cook?
>
> In Service,
>
> Vicente

Well, you do need an invitation, but since I'm sure several of us have
wanted to meet you for some time, here it is. Send an email to:

spca-wascaerfrig-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

and I'll put you on our List, so you can get to know the rest of the crew.

Rules are pretty easy- pre-reg with us, plan on cooking a supper while
you're there, preferably period (we'll have most of the supplies- if you
want something exotic, you'll hafta bring or buy it) and be ready to help
where needed.

We do have a scullery crew, so that's handled, but there are times we need
help. The week you'll be there will be set up, so we might need some help
putting up tents or for a storage locker or grocery store run- it depends on
circumstances.

Specific things you need to know are that the earliest you'll be able to get
in and set up camp will be about noon on Saturday, August 2nd, and we'll be
feeding our entire camping block that evening, camp fees are about $15 per
adult, food fees are usually about $60 per adult, and, since several of us
have no kids of our own, you'll hafta keep an eye out for kid unfriendly
situations- we'll all try, but we just aren't habitual child care people.

We're generally a quiet camp, with quiet neighbors, and the two nearby noisy
parties are usually the second week.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,