[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #3086 Grandchildren

Marcus Loidolt mjloidolt at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 14:07:30 PST 2003

Being a vowed monk for 15 years put a cork in my being
a biological father for some time, and I doubt that
will change in the future, but having been an foster
father and now grandfather, I can certainly know many
of the joys(and tears) of this most wonderful of
relations!!

I have been blessed with not only 6 foster children,
but now I have been blessed in a thousand fold by
their children, my grandchildren! While we share no
blood, for most of them I am the only grandfather they
will know. Most of their 'real' families dissolved
long ago.  I am blessed in that my own parents are
alive and well enough to see this and welcome these
new arrivals!! Though it was funny to see my mother
try to comprehend that her,then 35 year old,celibate,
son was introducing her to her GREAT granddaughter!!

I understand if it is not exactly the same, no love is
the same as another, but it certainly is as deep and
as real!!

Johann
aka, Opa, Grossie,

>    1. RE: a question for the geeks- OT-OOP (Shannon
> Malone)
> Message: 1
> To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
> Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 06:50:26 -0800
> From: "Shannon Malone"
> <thegoatinthegarden at lycos.com>
> Subject: RE: [Sca-cooks] a question for the geeks-
> OT-OOP
>
> We had our son at home with a midwife and both of my
> parents were there.  A=
> s soon as he was laid on my stomach and we realized
> he was a boy, my mother=
>  said his name and he looked up at the sound of her
> voice.  A few minutes l=
> ater when she held him she said to me softly,
> "Shannon, I didn't think I wa=
> s capable of loving anyone more than I love you."
>
> Shannon/Meadhbh
> ---
> info at thegoatinthegarden.com
> http://www.thegoatinthegarden.com
>
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 06:51:30
>  Candace Selph wrote:
> >I have to agree with this statement (:
> >
> >Being a grandmother is the best!
> >
> >Mina

=====
www.geocities.com/mjloidolt/marcus_page.html
"Let Charity be your hallmark and model for all you do,
if it is not loving, don't do it, it it is loving,
let nothing stop you from doing whatever is needed!"
(St. John Neumann)
"Have no fear or doubt anything and everything you give in this life will be paid back ahundred fold in the next"