[Sca-cooks] People in Politarchopolis/fires

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Sun Jan 19 17:07:54 PST 2003

No doubt most of you have heard about the fires that have ravaged the city of Canberra, Australia.  I have been one of the central contacts in Canberra for the SCA and related people in the city.

So far it seems that we have been left unscathed as a Barony. Although 368 houses have been lost in the fires, hundreds of others damaged, and 4 people have died, no-one in the SCA that I can ascertain, has lost their home or life.

To reassure those who know people here, in a mix of SCA names and legal names, I bring you the following list of people who I have either spoken to or who I have received information upon:

Adair
Adam Reeves
Adam the Renegade
Adele and Jason Ferrier (and family)
Aelfled and Crispin (India and Jaysen Ollerenshaw)
Alex and Rhonda
Alice Balnaves Knight
Andrew and Vonn (lost garage but nothing else)
Andrew Hunt and Ruthie
Artos and Libby
Bess Haddon of York
Beth Schoenberg and family
Blair and Leta
Bran of Locheil
Brigid Costello
Bruce and Katinka
Bruce Probst (Will)
Charles and Kelly Wannop
Charles of the Park and Francesca Cellini
Chris Strusz (Sigmund)
Cornelius and Morwenna
Dameon Greybeard
Damon Morrison and Kylie (Paul and Kylie Warren)
Darren Huett
Drake Morgan
Fran Monahan (Juliana Richelot and family)
Frances Polevik
Francois and Aelfrythe
Greg Turkich (and family)
Greig and Jamie
Helen and John Brinsmead (and family)
Jamie (Rhodry)
Jessica Armstrong
Joanna and Murray Keenan (and family)
John and Sharen Stewart (John of the Hills and Genevieve de Champs)
Jon Price
Kate Crowle and Simon Price (Isobel and Allessandro)
Leonie de Grey
Maria Crowley (and family)
Maxx
Melanie Buckley
Pam Gregson (Emily of Dover)
Penny and Marc Pengryffen
Penny Cilento
Petra Shaw
Rachael Zvodnic
Rachel Naughton
Rhiannon ferch Ivor (Angela Vivian Bolt - and family)
Rhys Howitt
Richard and Leslie
Rob and Natalie Aked
Snorri
Stephen and Mathilde (and family)
Stuart Burns
Sue Hryckiewicz (Selivia)
Tom and Kelly Boulton
Trevor Carter (not SCA but known to many local SCAers)
Vicki Whitehorn (Oriel of the Gypsies)
Victor Connor
Ysabeau Chanteuse (Megan and Doug Jackson and family)

All are safe and well.  Some were evacuated, but none have lost their homes. Many lost power, but that has been coming on progressively and most areas seem to have power back on now.  The water and sewerage situation is still not solved, but there has been good progress and hopefully soon we will all be able to have showers!

If you are seeking information on particular individual, please email me at kiriel at cybergal.com. For general information there is a website: http://www.canberraconnect.act.gov.au/ie4/

Kiriel
kiriel at cybergal.com