[Sca-cooks] feast booklets

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 25 22:53:57 PST 2003

M+D: Mary and Doug Piero Carey asked:
> How about feast booklets that have the recipes? For example, the Marche
> of Gwyntarian's Nov 16, 2002 "Make it or Break It" event had a feast
> booklet with about 20 recipes in it. It gives the originals, the redactions, a
> short bibliography, cartoons, & credits the redactors, cooks and taste
> testers.  (Mostly members of the Northeast Ohio Cooks Guild)  I think it
> counts as cookbook, but do you want to get into trying to catalog feast
> booklets? <my librarian's, but Not Cataloger, soul quailing at the probable
> bibliographic err.. puzzles... awaiting us>
>
> on the cover:
> Feast Recipes from "Make It or Break It" The Marche of Gwyntarian, Nov
> 16 2002
>
> On the Menu page:
> Chef W & the Inquisition of Food!
> Make It or Break It, Marche of Gwyntarion
> November 16, 2002

I don't think I do, at least not in that form. The main problem is that
usually only a few are printed and any extras are not kept for future sale.
If someone were to create a collection of such works, such as the Cook's
Guild that Olwen is/was a part of, then that might work and I would
consider adding such information to the file. I'd want such a work to
be available for awhile before I did this. After all, it can take several
months or more for me to actually get something added to a file. It would
not be very useful if in that time the booklet became no longer available.

However, if someone were to send me the information in such a booklet, and
give me permission to use it (and assuming they have permission from the
other redactors) then I would consider adding that to the FEASTS section
as I have done for other feast reviews. When I find the time, I will be
moving the feast reviews and menus to their own section.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com