[Sca-cooks] Apples and turnips

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Jan 1 14:38:02 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> I found this one and it's even German--
>
> 35. Ein agraz (An agraz )
>     Nim holtze epfele und peterlin und bezzin. und stoz ez zu sammene
>  und drücke uz. daz die petersilie ein wenic zuvar. daz heizzet auch
> agraz.
>     Take wood apples and parsley and turnips and pound it together and
> press
>  it out, that the parsley colors a little. That is also called Agraz.
>
> Ein Buch von guter spise
> copyright 1993 Alia Atlas
>
> http://cs-people.bu.edu/akatlas/Buch/recipes.html#recipe35
>
> Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Thanks, Johnna, that's exactly what I've been looking for ;-) I've been
mostly focussing on Sabina, since I have it printed out, and Avraham has
been looking at the Buch, since reading a screen drives me nutz after a
while. We'll be using a couple other recipes from the Buch, so this will fit
it just fine.

Looking at our intended menu, this combo just felt right to my imaginary
tastebuds, and I'm glad I was right, and it was a combo that would have been
used in period- certainly I can't remember ever hearing of it being used in
modern times.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,