Pigs bladder toys... was RE: [Sca-cooks] Kitchen Scene by Campi

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Jan 2 12:20:12 PST 2003

>2) the boy is inflating a pig's bladder to make a toy.
>Playing ball with inflated pigs bladders was common, and there are several
>pictures in Brughel's peasant scenes which show such balls in use.

To this day, pigs bladder are oft used as toys...  To whit, in my not so
distant youth, I remember having some awesome mock fights with them.  We'd
fill them with air, dry them, then use them to bang on one
another...  PHun...  Perhaps not all that hygienic, come to think of it,

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry