[Sca-cooks] OT - sewing machines

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 2 19:43:48 PST 2003

Gonza asked:
> Since I don't have a sewing machine, yet, but will be getting
> one soon (yea more shopping). What are the best machines for the money and
> function? Also giving the current off topic, topic what machines come with
> covers?
You might find these files in the TEXTILE ARTS section of the Florilegium useful:
sergers-msg       (20K)  7/21/98    Use of sergers in the SCA. Advantages.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/sewing-msg.html
sewing-tables-msg  (7K)  3/30/00    Ideas and comments on sewing tables.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/sewing-tables-msg.html
sewng-machnes-msg (24K)  9/27/01    Comments on sewing machines for SCA use.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/sewng-machnes-msg.html

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com