[Sca-cooks] OT - sewing machines

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 2 20:14:31 PST 2003

I don't know what they're like now, but I own a Sear's Kenmore I purchased over 20 years ago, when they still used METAL! I'm currently looking at (and drooling over) surgers. Now if my pocketbook will just stop screaming at me...
If you buy a portable model, they usually have covers, if they're quality.
I also have a Singer treadle sewing machine I inherited from my grandmother.  I'm not sure how old it is, but I've kept up with its maintenance and it still sews a heck of a straight seam! Major drawback - do you know how heavy cast iron is?
Liadan

 kattratt <kattratt at charter.net> wrote:I personally like Bernina's and Singers. Just my $.02 worth.
Nichola