[Sca-cooks] help!oop

Ciorstan ciorstan at attbi.com
Thu Jan 2 22:14:17 PST 2003

  Stefan writes:

>  ...I do remember trying the breaded, frozen mushrooms. I
> ended up with okay, fried mushrooms, but none of the breading stayed
> attached. I suspect the oil was the wrong temperature or that I had too
> many ice crystals among the breading.

I tried serving breaded mushrooms as part of Sunday dinner for family
and some guests at a War some time ago-- I'd dumped a bag of frozen
breaded 'shrooms in the ice chest on a Friday morning and by the time
Sunday afternoon rolled around, they were unfrozen mush and I didn't
feel like fooling with them. So, we sauteed them in a little, little bit
of butter and called it mushroom pottage. Very tasty, but not what I'd
originally had in mind...

ciorstan