[Sca-cooks] Nutter page

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Jan 3 21:59:37 PST 2003

Also sprach A F Murphy:
>OK, I thought I'd retired this line, but ... I'm new, here. Who was this
>person? I am looking at the site - thanks, Brighid.

Dr. Jane Terry Nutter was, I understand, a mathematician and teacher
with side interests in various medieval topics, including English and
French medieval culinary history, various other things. In the SCA,
in various kingdoms, including the East (Carolingia), she was known
as Lady Angharad (I forget the rest), and later, Katerine Rountre.
She was an incredibly knowledgeable lady, and one of the mainstays of
this list in its early days. While she was no spring chicken, her
passing was both premature and a great loss to those who shared her
interests.

>Bear in mind that, if you don't know who this is, the subject line looks
>a bit, um, odd.

Yeah, well, I guess it's like a lot of other things; you want to
catch the attention of the people who will have some clue what you're
talking about, and sometimes those who won't are left sort of
mystified.

Adamantius