[Sca-cooks] doll and castle sizes

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 4 20:02:26 PST 2003

Yeah Nichola.  I must say that when I first looked at your pictures I was
rather surprized at the size.  I thought "my, how quaint and tiny"!  It is a
LOT harder to do smaller.  Lifesize isn't always practical but larger scale
is.  Had I done it, it would have been much bigger, but I'm not sure it
would be better!
Here in the studio we work on just about every scale in several different
mediums, not all food.  It's kinda cool though, if a dayshade or pavillion
needs work, we just set it up in here and work on it.  For foodstuffs, well,
I went from a small square table to a bigger oval table and now have an
eight foot folding table as the main table but it's not wide enough so there
is spill-over on projects.  Actually, the studio has been waaayy too quiet
lately.  Just no ideas going round in my head.  Ah winter, ain't it
slow...bleh.
Olwen