[Sca-cooks] A Feast Experiment

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Jan 5 20:59:17 PST 2003

At 08:33 PM 1/4/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Also sprach Catherine Hartley:
>
>>If anyone knows of stories and/or poems that mention things such as
>>Haslet and other yummy hunt type foods...please forward to me and I
>>will promise to send copies of the recipes after it (the feast or
>>menu prep) is done...

Have you looked at Gaston Phoebus de Foix's _Livre du Chasse_ (Book of the
Hunt)? Tres spiffy late 14th-early 15th c text with truly wonderful
pictures. It even has info on teh care and training of hunting dogs. Might
well have stuff on hunt foods, especially since there is a scene of a
lovely picnic, complete with tables and hot and cold running servants...

'Lainie
-so _that's_ what's wrong with our plumbing...!