[Sca-cooks] pennsic iron chef competition

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 5 13:00:01 PST 2003

On 1/5/03 11:08 AM, "El Hermoso Dormido"
<ElHermosoDormido at dogphilosophy.net> wrote:

> The very essence of "Iron Chef" is improvisational cooking!  In the context
> of the SCA, we have the added challenge of "authentic, medieval"
> improvisational cooking (which, in my opinion, makes it even more fun).

    I will have to point out the fact that in the show, the chefs are told
in advance about 3-5 ingredients it could be, which allows them to come up
with a range of possibilities.     They just don't know what it actually is
until it comes up out of the floor.

    - Padraig o Connell

--
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam
possit materiari?