[Sca-cooks] Akims garden question

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Jan 5 19:32:57 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Where in CT? My folks originally came from there....
> Artemisian groups are so scattered, you pretty much have to leave the
> state to find another group.  At least from the Montana perspective....
> I remember visiting relatives in RI when I was a teenager, and getting a
> huge giggle out of the fact that the entire *state* was smaller than the
> *county* at home! <g>
> --maire

It's Canterbury CT, but it's not particularly "near" anywhere, although it
isn't very far from anywhere either- it's no big deal to run up to Boston or
NH or into RI, or even over to NYC or down to NJ- rather like running over
to Dayton or Cincinatti from my area, although the trip up to Toledo was
rough- no really good roads to get there from Columbus. But, at least
according to Mapquest, it's only about 4 hrs and 15 minutes to Philadelphia,
so if Olwen's moving there, it puts her in convenient striking distance-
maybe we can pizza bomb her ;-)

One of the things I'm really enjoying about the EK is that there are so many
events to go to- many weekends you have a choice of 2 or 3, and I've been
pretty much going to one every month, generally of the sort I prefer- small,
quiet, with classes to teach and attend, and generally pretty good feasts,
though not as period as I'd prefer. But then, Adamantius and you guys have
spoiled me- I don't think I'll be happy until every feast I go to is tasty
and documentably period ;-)

Some really nice people, too, once you dodge the political idjits- I've got
an interesting discussion going on on the EK list with a woodworker about
building a bellows for my forge, and in just a few emails, I've learned
quite a bit from him.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,