[Sca-cooks] bellows

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Jan 7 05:59:47 PST 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Hmm. All I've got on bellows is in this file:
>
> bellows-msg       (19K)  4/ 2/98    Medieval bellows.
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/bellows-msg.html
>

> I'd love to have some more information or a how-to article.

Well, I'll be happy to supply you with an article and pictures once I build
the bloody thing- at the moment, we're simply discussing details of
construction- preferred woods, how to join different pieces, etc. The set I
intend to build will be OOP, since they're double lung- I don't think that
style came in until  the 19th century. I do have plans, but at the moment,
rather than going strictly period, I'm trying for a portable workshop, on a
cart, that has everything I need to take to events, including places for
tools, a wooden forge, etc. I'm trying for "not obviously modern" as opposed
to actually period. Will need lots more documentation for an actual period
set- up- in the mean time, if anybody runs across any pictures of
blacksmiths shops, do send them along. Need, however, to get my hands on a
couple of books....

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,