[Sca-cooks] TV & pennsic iron chef competition

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jan 7 07:42:21 PST 2003

At 10:10 AM 1/7/03 -0500, you wrote:

>we killed our TV two? three? years ago....
>the only television i watch is when i am out somewhere with a TV.

We didn't have a tv in the house until Annie was 14. I didn't think it was
a good influence on the kids, and I have no self control with the thing- if
it is on, no matter how bad the show, I'm like a moth to teh flame and I
*cannot* stop.

When we did get a tv, I limited viewing to PBS, network news, and 'Law and
Order'. When 'West Wing' started, that became the Sacred Hour. And after a
series of late nights with insomnia I got hooked on Jay Leno and SNL. These
days though, as teh tv is in the basement and Ellen goes to bed early (she
works an obscenely early shift) or upstairs in teh sewing room, I simply
don't think about it. I still try to catch 'West Wing' when I remember, and
occasionally SNL, but I just can't be bothered with the rest. I'll watch
something if Regina has it on while working, but mostly I'll pop in a movie
or just listen to music. I've never seen Food TV, Survivor, any of the
weird gross out shows, only seen teh game game show with the really rude
woman host once. And I don't think I've missed a thing, frankly.

But I have seen the four-hour 'Hamlet' a couple of dozen times now- guess
he's no longer 'Hamlet'- he's a full Ham!

'Lainie
-'get thee to a punnery!'