[Sca-cooks] Tart crusts

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 8 11:43:54 PST 2003

And just _who_ are you calling crusty?! ;-D)

At 01:32 PM 1/8/03 -0600, you wrote:
>I have what could be a simple question about
>tarts but it is really annoying. When I make
>a tart it seems the bottom never gets properly
>done. One of the dishes I wish to make for the
>Atenveldt Royal encampment is a Dijon tart but
>I worry about the bottom being underdone and
>soggy. Should I precook the shell even though
>I'll be baking it for around 30 min at 400 F.?

I would bake the unfilled crust for about ten minutes- that seems to set
the crust a bit without significantly affecting the edge. You can always
put a little collar of foil around the edge it you need to when you put the
tart in to bake.

'Lainie
-maybe crusty, but not really a tart ;-)