[Sca-cooks] cider sauce

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Jan 8 20:57:35 PST 2003

I was using Brigid's recipe....Uhm, I think, 2 gals. of fresh cider, a
lot of sugar (8 lbs?), and the requisite white wine vinegar, white wine,
and spices (whole cloves, nutmegs, and cinnamon sticks).
I'd like to be able to give it to our king, for war gifts, but am a bit
nervous about putting it in small, decorative bottles (leakage could be
ugly, if things shifted on the trip down).  So I'm going to put it up in
my standard 4-oz. jam jars, and water bath process them for about 15
mins.
The house still smells lovely....
--maire