[Sca-cooks] cider sauce

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 7 22:33:52 PST 2003

Maire said:
> I've just finished off this huge pot of Cider Sauce, to be bottle
> and used for largesse/gifties.  Good lord above, but it shur does take
> *forever* to simmer down that much sauce (I finished with a little over
> a gallon).
> The house, I must say, smells *wonderful.*
So, if you ended up with a gallon, how much cider did you start with. That is

an interesting gift idea. I guess I may have to go look up the messages I saved

on this sauce.

We have talked about a few other period food gift ideas as well. In case
anyone is interested:

food-gifts-msg    (11K)  1/31/00    Period food items that make good gifts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/food-gifts-msg.html

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com