[Sca-cooks] Nutter page

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jan 8 21:27:49 PST 2003

Cariadoc replied to me with:
>>If I remember correctly
>>her husband was also an active SCAdian but I've not heard of nor seen him
>>for quite a while.
>
> Her husband is Greg Rose, known in the SCA as Hussein al Qomi.

Thank you! Yes, this is the person I was thinking of. I wasn't sure enough of
his name though to assume this was it.

> He was
> one of the leading opponents of the original non-member surcharge and
> active in the lawsuit that forced the Corporation to open its books
> to the membership, as its bylaws required it to do. I do not know
> what he is doing at this point.

Yes, I definitely remember that he was. I remember discussing it with him in
Ansteorra and at Pennsic.

'Lainie then said:
> I think Greg is in the Big Easy- keeping busy if not teaching. He's active
> on the ANSAX list (Anglo-Saxonists and hangers on- mostly lit professors)
> and IIRC was doing something on Aelfric's Colloquies (not certain though,
> so don't quote me on that). An incredible scholar, even if he and Norman
> Hinton butt heads a lot. ;-)
Yes, he very quickly got over my head when talking about Anglo-Saxon

monestaries and such. Back when there was the big, long thread on Pennsic

getting bounced back 1000 years and transported to the Salisbury Plain, I
remember that he was probably one of the few on the Rialto that knew enough
Anglo-Saxon to have gotten by, outside of the Pennsic transportees. I believe
his plan was to leave the quarrelsome SCA behind and go be an advisor to the
Anglo-Saxon king. :-)
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com