[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP: Where to live?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 10 16:59:12 PST 2003

lilinah at earthlink.net writes:
>  ...there are times when the expense of living in the San Francisco
>  Bay Area kinda gets to me. It's one of the most expensive places to
>  live in the US
SNIP
>  But it is also considered one of the places in the US with the best
>  "quality of life", which is not dependent on money
SNIP

Misha wrote:
>And its also the most gay-friendly city in the U.S. if i'm not mistaken.

Gay-friendly?? Heck, it's one of the friendliest areas to a huge
variety of sex and gender needs and choices! And, no, i won't go into
details here :-)

And pretty good for the handicapped, too. I won't go into details,
but a wide variety of issues are accommodated both in public and
private where i live in Alameda County (including public transit
buses with lifts), and other areas around here. There are several
people active in the SCA in the immediate area in chairs who attend
camping events, including at least one comparatively young princess
(late 20's, i think). We always have *at least* one extra large
handicapped porta-potty at small SCA events, and one in every
porta-potty bank at larger events.

I suspect that if i move somewhere else, i might discover all the
things i have been taking for granted and not even realizing.

Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:
>What I've learned over the years is that nowhere you go is perfect.  In the
>end, what counts is the people that surround you, if some basic needs are
>filled.
SNIP
>  you will always find somewhere else where the pasture is greener...

No place is perfect, but some places are more perfect than others :-)
(and some places i won't even consider)

Anahita

"The truth must be taken wherever it is to be found,
whether it be in the past or among strange peoples."