[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP Hurricanes WAS (Where to live...)

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 11 09:36:38 PST 2003

Greetings,

I have found that it is a matter of what scares you. I would never live in California because Earthquakes scare the crap
out of me. I understand what you say about them being over with quickly but the sheer unpredictability of them is what I
have a problem with. Same with tornados. With Hurricanes you know that they are coming and you can get out of the way.
If you don't get out of the way then you are an idiot and deserve what you get. I spent my teen years living on Hilton
Head Island in South Carolina. (For perspective it is just north of Savannah, Ga.) Hurricane Hugo hit on my 16th
Birthday one of the worst Cat 5s to hit in a long time. It was very scary, we stupidly evacuated to Columbia which is 2
hours inland, and Mr. Hugo was still at Hurricane strength when we met him. Watching the eye go over was awesome in the
truest sense of the word.

BUT, my best friend evacuated to Disney World and had a great time.

-Serena