[Sca-cooks] Wild weather

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Jan 11 11:57:22 PST 2003

>Weather/earthquakes/whatever are going to happen wherever you live. The only
>way to deal with it is by pre-preparation, and choosing your residence
>carefully.

Those are all useful precautions, but I have a different solution.

I teach at an at least nominally Jesuit university, and one of my
colleagues is in fact a Jesuit. Whenever the weather is unreasonably
bad (which, around here, means more than about three days of rain) I
go over to his office and tell him that I feel the south bay is in
violation of warrantee and, since he is a representative of the
responsible authority, I feel I must warn him that if the condition
is not corrected we may have to take legal action.

The weather always gets better.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/