[Sca-cooks] baking powder

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Jan 12 03:25:28 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/10/2003 2:32:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
doc at medievalcookery.com writes:

> Just a note on the alleged aluminum/Alzheimer's connection.  I've heard
> that this theory originated in a single study where large amounts of
> aluminum were found in brain tissue samples of those who had
> Alzheimer's when they died.  It later was realized that they had used
> an aluminum-based stain in the preparation of the tissue samples, and
> when the study was repeated using a non-aluminum-based stain there was
> essentially no aluminum found.
>
> - Doc

Still, it allowed me to justify the expense of dumping the pitted aluminum
pots we inherited and getting new stainless steel stuff to cook in... it's an
ill wind that blows no good and all that <G>.

Corwyn

To be humble to superiors is duty,
   to equals courtesy,
   to inferiors nobleness.   __ Richard Saunders (Ben Franklin)