[Sca-cooks] 12th Night Haggis Contest

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 12 16:05:37 PST 2003

Serena da Riva said:
> I just got back from our Baronial 12th Night celebration, and it was great. One of the esteemed denizens of this list,
> Mistress Christiana MacGrain sponsored a haggis contest.

Can you give us more details on this contest? Or Mistress Christiana, if you
are around, could you do so? How many haggi did you get? How many were period
recipes? Were any of these from my haggis-msg file? :-) (If not, I'm always
looking for more period recipes). How many of these actually used stomach for
the casing?

> I could not bring myself to make an actual haggis, but I did offer a Marzipan Haggis Soeltie. I took pictures so ya'll
> could see it:
> http://www.mindspring.com/~tripper/Haggis.htm
Your first attempt? Really? Were both the leaves and haggi made out of

marzipan? I like the way you shaded things, particularly the haggis
casings.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com