[Sca-cooks] 12th Night Haggis Contest

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 13 10:34:41 PST 2003

<Stefan> Can you give us more details on this contest? Or Mistress Christiana, if you
> are around, could you do so?

If Mistress Christi pops up I am sure she can give more detail, but I can tell you the basics. There were two entries
and one done my the good Mistress as a demonstration. Both of the entries were mock Haggis of the sweet persuasion, my
marzipan one and two chocolate ones that had supporting documentation from the following website:
http://www.wallydug.demon.co.uk/haggis/
Since the Haggis is such an endangered creature THL Temhair felt it was her duty to make a representation out of
substitute ingredients. and she said that she found the information on the Internet, so it must be true. ;)

Mistress Christi's haggis was from a just out of period recipit, again it was sweet and she cooked it in cheesecloth.
She would have to give you more details.

> Your first attempt? Really? Were both the leaves and haggi made out of marzipan? I like the way you shaded things,
particularly the haggis casings.

Thank you and yes, it was my first time messing about with the stuff of almonds. The lettuce was pure marzipan and the
haggis was Marzipan stuffed with raw oatmeal date and rasin cookie dough. From the outside it was almost period (I made
the marzipan) but the inside - not so much. I left out the eggs and increased one of the other liquids for consistancy -
but I wanted people to be able to eat it without fear.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva