[Sca-cooks] OT-knots and medieval boats

UlfR par at hunter-gatherer.org
Mon Jan 13 01:38:07 PST 2003

Gorgeous Muiredach <muiredach at bmee.net> [2003.01.06] wrote:
> Owning the Ashley Book of Knots, I will say that it is most obscure and, to
> me, badly explained.  I have yet to successfully tie any of the "mediumly"
> complicated knots from it, even something as simple as a five lead, four
> bight turk's head.

Depends. I do agree that I have seen *much* better descriptions, but
never a book as encyclopedic. There are few knots that exist but aren't
in there.

> to tie a few decorative turk's head properly...  Are you anywhere near
> Savannah, GA?  If so, I will exchange tutorials for cookies or food, how's
> that? <grin>

On the other side of the Atlantic, in Drachenwald (principality of
Nordmark to be specific). Take a look at the books by Brion Toss, I
know that his descriptions are quite clear.

UlfR

UlfR                                             par at hunter-gatherer.org
The difference between math and physics is the difference between
masturbation and sex.
They're both messy, but physics can get you in much more trouble.