[Sca-cooks] Re: general Safety

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Jan 15 12:08:09 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/15/2003 12:23:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kirsten at fabricdragon.com writes:

> oh? never helped me.
> i started carrying reflective trim after one of the golf carts at Pennsic
> ran me off the road on my way to the port a john.
>
> i have, as a merchant seen cars run over TENTS during set up.. hardly a
> case
> of the tent not watching  where it was going...
>
> i found out by watching that in a lot of set up and take down situations
> the
> cars cannot see people .. and sometimes not tents.. unless they are wearing
> *reflective* colors.. such as white.

Lookit... I'm really not trying to be confrontational or amusing here... but
the fact is if the car ran over the tent, it's the driver's fault... not the
car's. In my experience you can have flashing red lights on you and if a
driver's not paying attention (OR, as in the case of several of my friends,
has poor night vision), then you had better be. It is simply IMO good common
sense to know where you are and what's happening around you on a road, and as
stated before, no amount of reflective trim or flashing lights will allow you
to do less than watch out for yourself.

As I've stated before, Your Mileage May Vary, but I don't think I'm far off
the mark here.

And that is all I have to say on the matter. Except to say that if I have in
some wise upset you or the list, I apologize.

Corwyn

To be humble to superiors is duty,
   to equals courtesy,
   to inferiors nobleness.   __ Richard Saunders (Ben Franklin)