[Sca-cooks] Yet More Food Safety

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Thu Jan 16 09:50:17 PST 2003

my strictly non official answer.

uncooked eggs are either harmless, or really bad.. depending on whether they
are contaminated with Salmonella. and how badly.
also some folks can tolerate.. fight off.. salmonella, and others get sick
if they get  even slight exposure.
i have eaten raw egg cookie dough for years with no problem, and i will
continue to do so. BUT i would never advise it at a public event.. too much
risk.

i have also had numerous egg creams... also raw... never had a problem.  BUT
i am fairly resistant to "off" chicken and eggs....

i wash my eggs if i will be using them raw to prevent contamination from the
shell. and i usually use organic eggs. so that may help, or may not.

unpasterized milk is just as safe as pasturized milk as far as SPOILAGE
goes.. but unpasterized milk can transmit TB... which is why they started
pasturizing it.
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."