[Sca-cooks] Party recipes (OOP)

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Fri Jan 17 10:38:44 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
> >Anyone have any good, easy party recipes?  I'm
> >looking for things with a somewhat southwest flavor
> >to them. - Doc

> From: "Michael Gunter" <countgunthar at hotmail.com>
> "Mexican Pizza" - Tostada rounds topped with cheese and
> baked until brown and bubbly.
>
> Frozen tamales, steamed or the way I like them, baked
> until the corn husk is nearly black.
>
> Salsa microwaved with cream cheese or blended with Ranch dressing.
<<SNIP>>

My favorite Mexic-oid party snack that has little nutritional value to
boot is:

"Southwestern Fondue"  (my title, not my recipe)
1 block PPCF (Pasteurized Processed Cheese Food) such as Velveeta or
Nice n' Cheesy
1 12 to 16 ounce jar favorite salsa, chunky texture is good
1 to 2 pounds browned ground beef or other meat (chorizo?)

Melt cheese with the salsa over double boiler or in microwave, stirring
occasionally.  Brown meat and stir in.  Serve with tortilla chips or
pita points.  This is also doable in a crock pot over a couple hours it
will all melt together and be smooth . . . crock pot is good, simple
means of serving and keeping warm.  Could also use warming tray.  It is
almost a meal (has been during several baseball seasons in graduate
school).

pacem et ole,
niccolo difrancesco