[Sca-cooks] Was HATS OFF... Now is How we did it....

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 17 12:15:28 PST 2003

>I lost track of Olwen at 12th night, after the big Brush-off...  Olwen, did
>you ever get in the kitchen to help?
>
>Nichola,  The house was magnificent..  It was truly a site to see, folks.
>
>Apollonia

It was very nice to share a hug with you again Apollonia, and meet your
freind.  I also got to meet and share a hug with Corwyn and his lady-wife.
Corwyn is a dear.  He did take me into the kitchen to introduce me to the
head cook, and although they didn't need any help just then he mentioned
that if I came back in a while he could possibly put me to work.  The wife
of the head cook was the person who told me there was simply not room for
another person in the kitchen so I did not persue the idea any longer.  Oh
well, made for a rather bored me.  I am so glad that I made the trip though,
just to meet a couple folks from the list and to see that extraordinary
project Nichola and his household did.
Being down there on my own for much of the time was quite an eye opening
experience.  I learned how much I take for granted my friends here who
seamlessly help me with my disabilities.  There was one time I was trying to
communicate with a merchant who spoke in a pitch and tone I simply couldn't
hear and she had a mouth that I could not read.  I glanced around, then
looked and searched the crowd for a friend who would help interpert for me,
then finally gave up, turned back to the merchant and said "Well, we're on
our own here" and we managed to work out a path of communication.  Another
time, i was walking down the hall with Nichola and had a sudden asthma
attack.  Poor Nichola stood in supportive helplessness while I gasped and
onlookers asked questions and some tried to make a fuss.  I have trained the
folks around here to just set on casual "watchfriend" and everyone else go
about their business so people aren't adding the extra stress to me of
crowding round or gawking.  Hmm...moving is going to be fun...NOT!
Olwen