[Sca-cooks] cooks first aid kit

Bonne de Traquair oftraquair at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 22:06:14 PST 2003

> > I mostly just use folded kitchen towels at home. I
> always ask my
> > feast helpers to bring their own knives and some
> pot holders. A few
> > have even brought bags of old clean towels, too,
> for multi-purpose
> > use.

A woman in my old barony had stocked up on 'shop rags'
(small cotton towels) from Sam's Club.  She brought a
couple of dozen to the kitchen, they were used, then
tossed into a container, she took them home, washed
and dried them, and brought to the next event.  Very
kind and useful.   I ended up buying some myself,
vastly cheaper than kitchen towels, about the same
size and it was great to finally have enough kitchen
towels to last the week.

Bonne