[Sca-cooks] OT: Atkins

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Sun Jan 19 08:18:03 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/19/03 10:10:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
apollonia at bellsouth.net writes:

> Is anyone on Atkins?  If so what are your opinions?  I am seriously thinking
> of trying it (bought the book yesterday) and wanted to know what you all
> thought...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Apollonia

Well, i'm on the initiation diet and i've lost about 8 lbs. on it. The pro is
that you can eat rich food and lose weight and stop being so hungry. I used
to eat in between meals a lot and ever since i've been on the diet, that has
diminished to a light snack after dinner. You don't get hungry a lot. But the
downside is that you get tired of the meat-eggs-cheese-salad initiation diet
quickly. Have you gotten his book "The New Diet Revolution"? Also, visit the
wbesite http://atkinscenter.com  Its very hard for me to stick with a diet
and lose weight, but i'm sticking to it pretty easily. But I would HIGHLY
suggest reading the book and researching the diet. Not everyone is suited
towards the diet. There is also a SCA Atkins yahoo group if you want to join.
Just search for "Atkins and SCA". Selene and Jared are on that list, I
believe. Good luck!

Misha