[Sca-cooks] OT: Atkins

Catherine Hartley catherine1966 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 19 12:00:27 PST 2003

My husband has lost 55 lbs on the diet and has kept it off on the
maintenance plan. He gets to eat carbos now, but smaller amounts. The treats
are ice cream and potatoes and bread!...

Really, if you make it to the maintenance phase, the diet really becomes
watching what you eat and keeping the carbos low, not gone. His big problem
used to be Coca Cola, now he drinks Crystal Light lemonade by the quart...

Also, on the initiation phase, I made soy flour tortillas for my husband so
he could wrap steak-ums and things for "faux" sandwiches. Worked pretty
well.

And believe it or not, at Pennsic I had several carbo avoiders on the food
plan (some allergies, some diet related) and I still managed to feed
everyone period food for dinner...

Caitlin of Enniskillen