[Sca-cooks] Viking Skillet (was Question about Camp Food)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 20 06:38:48 PST 2003

There isn't much in sources for the Visigoths.  They are an off-shoot of the
Ostrogoths that moved into Western Europe in the 4th Century, sacked Rome in
410, moved into France, Spain and North Africa, lost to the Franks in the
6th Century after which their domain was primarily the Iberian Penisula
until they were buried by the Moors in 711.  Too late for Pliny or
Herodotus, too early for most of the Medieval writers.

Anthimus might work as Theodoric (the Great) was an Ostrogoth.  There are a
couple histories published within the past 15 years on the Visigoths and
Ostrogoths whose bibliographies might give you pointers as to where to look.
Seems to me the were both "A History of ..." and written by British
historians.  I have them in the collection, but I can't locate them at the
moment.

Bear